Places of Interest
How To Reach
Where To Stay
Best Time To Visit
PLACES OF INTEREST :
1) Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary and parts of Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary:
Both sanctuaries falling under the Mishmi hills are home to over 6,000 plants species,
680 species of birds,
500 species of orchids,
100 species of mammals,
294 species of butterflies and
50 species of Rhododendron.
The Mishmi hills is a birdwatcher and wildlife enthusiasts delight. The region can boast of so many rare species found only in this region in the entire Indian sub-continent.
2) Mehao lake:
Located within the Mehao wildlife sanctuary at a height of 3000 feets and 14 kms away from Roing town. The lake attracts a lot of seasonal birds and is a nature’s treasure house. The spot provides an ideal trekking experience and is a photographers delight. The lake is low in nutrient and hence the crystal clear lake has no fish in it.
3) Sally lake:
The lake is situated at a distance of 3.8 kms from Roing town amidst lush green forest. An ideal spot for picnickers and domestic day visitors.
Dambuk is an small emerging town in terms of tourism. Its hosts the annual calendar event ‘The Orange festival of Aventure and Music’ with many adventure activities and cultural and musical events with the Orange orchards and paddy fields as beautiful backdrops.
5) Hotspring at Jia village:
The atmosphere and the hotspring not only provides serenity and calmness but also gives the tourists a chance to witness the daily lives of the villagers living nereby. One can just stroll around the hotspring or even have a refreshing and rejuvenating hotspring bath. The Jia hotpsring is just at around 19 minutes drive from Roing town.
6) Bhishmaknagar Fort:
Bhishmaknagar has its link with the great Indian mythology ‘The Mahabharata’. Rukmini, the chief wife of Lord Krishna was believed to be from this region. However, there is no evidence of their existence but the ruins (plinth) of the fort remains and are proof to some really great history of the region. Bishmaknagar is situated 14 kms southeast from Roing town. The place is ideal for trekkers and birdwatchers.
7) Mayudia pass:
Mayudia pass is located at 56 kms from the district HQ Roing. The Mayudia pass stands at an elevation of 2655 mtrs. (8711 ft.) above sea level. The pass normally witnesses snowfall form November to March but heavy snowfall in January and February manage in attracting a lot of domestic tourists.
HOW TO REACH :
1) By Air:- Nearest airport is Mohanbari (Dibrugarh) airport situated at 108 kms from Roing. Cabs can be availed on arrival.
2) By Train:- Nearest railway station is the ‘New Tinsukia Junction’ is just 88 kms from Roing. Busses and cabs ply from Tinsukia to Roing the whole day.
3) By Road:- Roing is well connected with the nearest neighbouring towns of Arunachal Pradesh as well as Assam. Daily day and night bus services are available from Roing to Tinsukia, Guwahati, Siliguri and Itanagar. Taxi can be hired for sightseeing and travelling to nearest towns like Tezu, Dambuk, Anini, Pasighat etc.
WHERE TO STAY :
1) Yatri Niwas
Eze River, Near PowerGrid station
2) Mimu Hotel
Main Market, Near state transport station
3) D S Hotel
Near Standard diagnostic centre
4) Lasa Hotel
Main Market area
5) Mishmi Hill Camp
Behind J N forest park/Zoo Roing
6) Dibang Valley Jungle Camp/ Help Tourism
1) Eze Tower Forest Guest House
2) Circuit House