Geology & Mining
Geology and Mining Department is revenue earning department. Under the constant supervision of the Deputy Commissioner Roing, the Assistant Mineral Development Officer and his establishment have been effectively carrying out its services to the state by generating revenue from the Minor minerals such as Sand, Gravel, Boulder, Shingle, Aggregate, Ordinary clay etc. Despite non availability of infrastructure like check gate and man power shortage, AMDO Roing and Mineral Guards of Geology and Mining department have been discharging their duties persistently using their own vehicles and at their own expenses.
Some of the major activities of the Geology and Mining department are as follows:-
- To collect minor minerals royalty from the work departments under the state Government, Central Government and other Central/State Government organization undertaking/private companies/Enterprises and all the user agencies under the Defense/Para military establishment which are engaged in any kind of construction and Development activities in Lower Dibang Valley district.
- To regulate and monitor all the Government notified quarries.
- To detect and check illegal mining activities in the district.
- Proper monitoring of vehicles carrying minor minerals round the clock to curve the pilferage of revenue in the district.
- To prohibit random collection of minor minerals from the un-notified quarry in the district.
- To prohibit collection of minor minerals from the outside of the notified quarries and river bank to check river bank erosion in the district.
- To implement “Arunachal Pradesh Minor Minerals Concession Rule 2002” in the district.
- To implement “Arunachal Pradesh Stone Crusher Guidelines 2012” in the district.
- To regulate and monitor the installation of Stone Crusher in the district.
- To implement “Arunachal Pradesh District Mineral Foundation Trust 2018” in the district.