LOCAL TOUR OPERATORS :
M/S. A1 Travel Management
Mayu-II, P.O & P.S: Roing, Lower Dibang Valley District
Arunachal Pradesh – 792110
Phone No.: 09436095632, 08794724401
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
APPROVED GOVT TOURIST CIRCUIT : ROING-MAYUDIA-ANINI
This circuit begins at Roing,the district headquarter of Lower Dibang Valley District.
Places of interest : Bhismaknagar, Sally Lake, Mehao Lake, Mayudia, Anini
Tourist information centre : Office of the District Tourism Officer, Roing. Phone No. 03803-22468
- Mayudia, a unique hill resort, is 56km from the district headquarters Roing. It is situated at an altitude of about 7000ft.amidst lofty hills,lush green forests and breathtaking landscapes. The area witnesses snowfall between December and March.Thick cover of snow adds exquisite serenity to the place. There is a beautiful guest house overlooking the picturesque valley. A drive from Roing to Mayudia itself is a wonderful experience.
- It is the oldest archaeological site of Arunachal Pradesh. It can be called a ‘Hill Fort’ made of burnt bricks. The fort is situated at 29kms.south east of Roing. The ruins of the Hill fort dates back to circa 12th century A.D. Bhismaknagar Fort was excavated during 1969-1973,which yielded terracotta plaques, decorative tiles,potteries,terracotta figurines etc. The artifacts throw light on the rich history of the area.
- About 90kms. From Roing on the way to Anini, is situated the picturesque small town of Hunli. There is as interesting cave temple at Kupunli near Hunli. The Motor drive from Roing to Hunli through the well-maintained black-topped road provides thrill and eye catching scenic beauty.
- CHIMRI FORT or RUKMINI NATI
- The remains of an ancient fort made of bricks is situated at 12kms.north of Roing. It dates back to 12th century A.D.
- MEHAO LAKE forms a part of the Mehao wildlife sanctuary. It is situated at a distance of approximately 17kms. from Roing. It is a vast lake covering an area of about 4sq.km. The surroundings of the lake are extremely rich in flora and fauna. Water of the lake is absolutely crystal clear and a walk around the lake fills one with divine pleasure.
- SALLY LAKE, a lake resort, is 3kms. From Roing. It forms a part of Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary. It is a natural lake surrounding by thick vegetation. The lake overlooks the beautiful valley down below on the far horizon.