Urban Dev. & Housing
Following are the activities carried out by the Urban Development & Housing Department:-
- Maintaining daily cleanliness of town by collecting garbage from various locations under Roing Township, which is approximately 4.5 tonnes per day.
- DAY-NULM (Deendayal Antodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihood Mission).
- EST&P- Employment through Skill Training and Placement.
- PM SVANidhi- Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Atmanirbhar Nidhi.
- SUH- Shelter for Urban Homeless.
- SM&ID- Social Mobilization and Institutional Development.
- CB&T- Capacity Building and Training.
- SUSV- Support to Urban Street Vendors.
- SEP- Self Employment Program.
- By collaborating with various agencies to provide various Skill Development Programs e.g. Food Processing, Tailoring, Handloom and Handicrafts, Bamboo Artistry etc.
- PMAY(U)- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)- Providing subsidy/ subsidized loan for construction of affordable houses Urban Poors.
- SBM (Swach Bharat Mission)- IHHL (Individual Household Latrine)- assisting in building Toilets to 101 beneficiaries.
- During any social service, our department provide manpower and materials and first to act during and is the main unit responsible for maintaining cleanliness in any event.